6mm 115gr berger ballistics

Gerald89

Hello all,

I did some testing with a .243win load 6mm 115gr bergers @ 2961fps.

I am not all that happy comparing actual range data with the drop table produced from sierra infinity.

The results were :-

150MTR zero

Mtrs MOA actual MOA predicted
269 , 2.75 , 2.9
342 , 4 , 4.9
390 , 6.25 , 6.5
462 , 8.5 , 8.75
550 , 10.5 , 12
750 , 18 , 20
840 , 21 , 24.5
900 , 23.5 , 27.6
980 , 27 , 32

6mph 7 o'clock wind +7 deg elevation

115gr BC .597

Am I expecting too much from the software?

Have I missed something out of the equation?

Any comments would be welcomed!

Thanks
Gerald

Jeza

Using JBM I get almost exactly the drops you shot but not what you calculate. I assume you don't shoot much better than me which is only moderately well.

I shoot this same bullet only faster so I have my confirmed drops which match very well with JBM predictions. I think the BC of the bullet may be two or three frog hairs greater than 0.597, but not enough to worry about.

Am I reading this right? You took less adjustment then what the program said you would need? In other words, the bullet has a higher bc than what it is supposed to?

There is a lot to this one, but perhaps the most likely culprit is that your scope is moving more than 1/4 MOA per click. You might want to put it on a 1" grid at 100 yards and dial her up and down and see if it goes where it should. I have found Berger bullets to be usually really close if not exact in their bc ratings.

BB I didn't no of the JBM calculator thanks for that.
It does match up very closely to my actual results so that's good.

Whats up with the infinity software I wonder?

Yes I was suprised to go better on bc than predicted.I thought the clicks could be an issue but carried out some tests at 100 and all is OK.(I would have been a bit upset if it had failed that test as its my s&b 5-25x56

I had read that berger bullets exaggerated the bc on this bullet which added to my confusion but this was the same article that said the bergers would not be accurate and the D-tac are the mutts nuts!

Thanks for your replies

Gerald

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.