69th shot

So let's say I see a rabbit in the garden. I pick up a rock and throw at it... and miss.
I throw another rock, and yet another. Finally after 68 rocks and on the 69th throw I hit the rabbit.
Would you be impressed? (other than the rabbit having nerves of steel)

I don't get it. First shot, yup very impressive. Within 3-4 shots, yes... impressive. Repeat it and I'd call that very impressive.

Hail Mary enough projectiles downrange and something is going to hit eventually, whether it be skill or the wind blowing one into the target.
100%....if not regularly repeatable...shouldn't be recordable!! Law of averages again!

I don't care that they took 69 shots to hit the target. I don't care that they didn't list what bullets they were using. I don't care that they call it a "record". I don't even care if they do it all over again a yard further out to break their "record" again and I don't care that everyone else is caring about all of that.

I'm gonna have to sit in my little reloading room and ponder why I give 0 s***s about any of it. I'm starting to think I'm weird or something.

I don't care that they took 69 shots to hit the target. I don't care that they didn't list what bullets they were using. I don't care that they call it a "record". I don't even care if they do it all over again a yard further out to break their "record" again and I don't care that everyone else is caring about all of that.

I'm gonna have to sit in my little reloading room and ponder why I give 0 s***s about any of it. I'm starting to think I'm weird or something.
Instead of telling everyone what you don't care about... why not tell what you do care about?

I mean, something compelled you to post. What was it?

Not caring about something, isn't a badge of honor, despite what the modern world would have you believe. The "no emotions" thing has been tried before, and doesn't end well for anyone.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Nah…I just see everyone getting bothered about something that doesn't even really matter.

I care about things that I can actually control and that affect me or anyone else in a way that I can help to make it better.

This record is a trivial thing to me. It doesn't hurt anyone in any way and it literally means nothing to us.

I wasn't trying to be rude on my last post but it's easy to post something on a forum and someone take it the wrong way.

While I can see where many of you are coming from, let me offer a different perspective. I remember when I discovered long range shooting. They had an informal match at a local club. I put together a basic 308 to get into it and I could not hit the plate at 600 once. It was a light load with a bullet know to fall out of the sky much past 300yds. I had to learn how to get the bullet there before I could learn to make it shoot 1" groups and cold bore targets. While it may seem kind of silly that this is being called a record. I see it in similar light to Benchrest. Everything accuracy wise either comes from BR or gets vetted there. Its the tip of the spear for innovation. It has to start somewhere.