69gr. bullet for 22-250???

i wanna shot a heavier bullet to help cut down on the wind drift.. the 55gr bullets im shootin now are blowin all over the place out past 400 yds... can i shoot a 69gr bullet out of a 1 in 12 twist.. the gun is a savage. havent worked up a load yet but will probably load with 4064 or varget.. many say the bullet wont stabalize.. others say if i push it fast enough it will be fine.. what do u think?
I used to shoot my Savage 110 heavy Barrel 1 in 10 twist wiht 52 Gr BTHP at 4300 fps and at 1000 yds I was always on target less than 1" groups and it didn't matter much what the wind was doing at that speed it didn't have time to drift. always used 4895 and I can't remember the load but it's in most of the loading books if you search for the 4895 powder at the 4300 fps load. you can tune your load from that but start with a few gr less than what's in the chart and work it up. I just bought a new Savage heavy model 12 with 1-12 twist now I've got to work up my load for that.

8 twist would be the way too go even with the extra velocity unlike the 95smk variant. 7 might be too fast, but 7.5-7.7 would work if decided to go heavier? Go on JBM and insert known info and ye shall receive.