650 yard shot on elk

Very nicely done. It's great to see people use this site and actually put what they learn into action (what I will be doing as well).
Lone star
If you are interested in long range school, long range shooters of Utah has a great entry class and fairly affordable. He puts on a great class. You shoot a lot and have a chance at 1 mile I'll hug challenge. I used a 6.5 creedmoor and had a hit 3rd shot on the mile milk jug. It's a steel target but they do also have a colored water milk jug challenge as well.

C
Wanted to share with you guys on my son and I's first rifle elk hunt. My son shooting a custom 300wm shooting Berger 205 elite and myself a custom 7 SAUM shooting Berger 168 elites.
My son had the first clear shot at 650 yds and doubled on both hits first high and second double lunged but a little high broadside. The elk then turned to go down hill and that's when he dropped him with a frontal thru the throat shot at the shoulder height and dropped him as he brought his head up. What an experience and our first long range shot on an animal.
All those times of being at the range and reaching out to a mile targets. The load work ups on both rifles for the extreme temp changes paid off. Thanks for all the help and on-site that this site helps with. Using a lot of your info at the range paid off. Trigger time is so much easier and fun that I will continue to hone my craft as best I can.
ongrats..Sounds like an awesome time and hunt.Those are real memories to cherish.