60 yards on

mountain cur

shooting dead on out to 60 yards then at 70 yards im 2 inches left and the farther out i go the farther left it goes. any ideas, i do have hha on.

The blind leading the blind however it might well be that the arrow and nokking point is not centered ie with my horizontal bow I often had to set the rest to the left or right untill I could find a straight line Look up a French walk back gunning,this sound similar I found that when I tiller tuned my Tac it sorted it out When looking at your Tac from the back I would suggest that you release the right limb half a turn This should then "straighten" your line I suggest that you rebook at the hha should you not be able to bring the scope then on targetMaybe we can get assistance from one of the old hand or as we call it in Afrikaans 'ysters' to assist us with their knowledge

Steg

Hi Mountain cur,
Windage is most always adjusted at your longest distance first. This is because if it is off at all, it is magnified as your distance is increased. If your arrow rest is a fraction of an inch off center, it will cause your windage to walk left or right as you increase your distance, so my suggestion would be to move out to 80 or 90 yards and then make micro-adjustments moving only your arrow rest the smallest amount possible until you are dead center at this distance.

Once finished immediately move back into 20 yards to insure you are still dead center at 20 yards. If so, you are done. If not, this means that your nocking point and arrow rest are not aligned properly and you will need to adjust the rest until they are aligned perfectly to one another.

During these adjustments your scopes windage should remain centered at the mid point of it's adjustable range. Windage adjustments on your scope should only be used once you insure that your alignment between your nocking point and arrow rest has been set perfectly with one another.

Regards,

Jon Henry

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.