106 yard kill shot on woodchuck with TAC 15 and Atom broadhead

ADMIN

Administrator
This is Len, I moved "deerdewdew"'s post here because it deserves more notice by being in its own thread.

Hey anyone that shoots a Tac 15, I tried a broadhead that is called a Atom, it is a 4 blade razor wire, there is no tuning with this head, it shoots the same as your field points, last Saturday I shot my Tac 15 at 50 yards, I put the Atom in the same hole 3 times, that's when my friend that I was with ,saw a woodchuck, I told him , hit him with the range finder, he told me 106 yards, so I told to keep a eye on him, cause I'm taking a shot with a Atom broadhead, I lined up the shot and let it go, I took him right threw the left shoulder, it came out by his right hip, and went another 20 to 25 yards, I feel this combo is super deadly.

Hey anyone that shoots a Tac 15, I tried a broadhead that is called a Atom,
I did look at and research the Atom about a year ago. Two things came up with regards to the Atom. One was some reports of the Atom not cutting through deer-hide and flesh as well as normal razor blade tips. The other dealt with concerns on the Atom's durability when it came to hitting bone.

Before I went hunting any deer sized game with the Atom, I would personally want to test a couple of them on a rack of ribs (and if possible a shoulder joint) to see how they held-up and how they cut through. Reason being, the TAC-15 arrows are hitting with some incredible force; force that few non-crossbows can even come close to producing. Thus a broad-head that may hold-up on a 70lb / 300-fps compound bow, may not hold-up at all when shot from a TAC-15 into a medium (or larger) sized game animal.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.