6.8 Western 170 EOL Max OAL

Tumbleweed

Hey all.
I just ordered an Xbolt Western hunter in 6.8 Western. I will be loading Berger 170 EOL bullets in it once those become available again. Does anyone have a max OAL measurement at the lands with this combo in a SAAMI chamber? Thanks!

Should be able to get pretty close using SAMMI specs and Berger's bullet reference chart. Don't know what mag length you'll have though.

I'm told the short action xbolt rifles with detachable magazine boxes are 2.925". May be able to dremel out the magazine quite a bit or may have to go back and use the deeper seating depth node of .070-.100" jump.
Right now I'm interested in the max OAL for Quickload and looking at the best powder options.

Every rifle is different. You need to measure it With the bullet you are going to use. Here is a link to a Hornady OAL gauge

and a modified case to use - caliber specific - I don't know if they have a 6.8 western. U might have to look around to find one.

Your max OAL might be more governed by how long your magazine is. I found a sweet load using mono bullets which I shot from the bench in single shot fashion. Up in my deer stand I tried to load up my magazine and no go. Rounds too long for the magazine.

Every rifle is different. You need to measure it With the bullet you are going to use. Here is a link to a Hornady OAL gauge

and a modified case to use - caliber specific - I don't know if they have a 6.8 western. U might have to look around to find one.

I appreciate your response and I do have all of these tools and more to measure OAL. I don't have the rifle in hand yet and won't have these specific bullets until they become available again. I'm looking for someone who may already have this measurement in their SAAMI chamber. No, it may not be exactly the same but will be very close.

Hey all.
I just ordered an Xbolt Western hunter in 6.8 Western. I will be loading Berger 170 EOL bullets in it once those become available again. Does anyone have a max OAL measurement at the lands with this combo in a SAAMI chamber? Thanks!
What delivery date did they give you? I'm waiting to order same rifle in .280AI but was told could not order yet. Was told this fall. Good luck

Hey all.
Where are you finding Berger 170 EOL I haven't seen any ended up with 175gr Sierra TGK game changers. For my 270WSM 1-7.5 twist barrel