6.5x47

CHRIS ADDI

hi from the uk
I have a few queries while reloading , im currently loading 6.5x47 with a the small primer and 139gr bullet , using redding dies
I have recently had a few problems which im a bit concerned over ,

1. when I de prime the de priming pin gets stuck in the primer hole , im usming rcbs small de primer pin

2. I don't seem to be getting the same grip on the bullet from the case when I seat the bullet

thanks in advance

hi from the uk
I have a few queries while reloading , im currently loading 6.5x47 with a the small primer and 139gr bullet , using redding dies
I have recently had a few problems which im a bit concerned over ,

1. when I de prime the de priming pin gets stuck in the primer hole , im usming rcbs small de primer pin

2. I don't seem to be getting the same grip on the bullet from the case when I seat the bullet

thanks in advance
Hi,

In the first case, it would appear to me that the diameter of the decapping pin from the RCBS decapper is too large. RCBS is usually very good about answering inquiries on this kind of thing, so you might want to contact them. Maybe they will send you a suitable decapping pin for your application.

I'm assuming that you are using Lapua brass, but in any event, your neck tension disparities are probably best addressed by using the Redding Type S bushing die. I use a .289 bushing for my 6.5 X 47 and it gives me consistent .001 - .002" neck tension.

Hi,

In the first case, it would appear to me that the diameter of the decapping pin from the RCBS decapper is too large. RCBS is usually very good about answering inquiries on this kind of thing, so you might want to contact them. Maybe they will send you a suitable decapping pin for your application.

I'm assuming that you are using Lapua brass, but in any event, your neck tension disparities are probably best addressed by using the Redding Type S bushing die. I use a .289 bushing for my 6.5 X 47 and it gives me consistent .001 - .002" neck tension.
thankyou for your input

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts