6.5mm Cartridge Virtual Shootout: Which Is Best?

https://images.lookhuman.com/render/standard/75CqBiyGYyHjAwjeMUudgJETPrwRWYby/mug15oz-whi-z1-t-champion-****-stirrer.jpg

That just made my day! I just knew the 6.5 X 284 would beat that c.m.!

"The 6.5x55 Swedish, 6.5 Grendel, and 6.5 Creedmoor scored low because they don't hit large animals hard enough at longer ranges, but used inside their envelope, they would make up for the deficit with mild manners and superb accuracy."

That just made my day! I just knew the 6.5 X 284 would beat that c.m.!

"The 6.5x55 Swedish, 6.5 Grendel, and 6.5 Creedmoor scored low because they don't hit large animals hard enough at longer ranges, but used inside their envelope, they would make up for the deficit with mild manners and superb accuracy."

Though it is funny that a 50fps difference in velocity is all it takes to beat out the 26 Nosler. Also based on their criteria I imagine that the PRC would fall into that same first place range as the win mag since they are running that one awfully slow.

Makes sense to me. Love my 6.5-284 but would like to try a .264WinMag, a .260AI and a 6.5-06AI.

My first 6.5 was a Carl Gustaf 6.5x55 Swedish mauser carbine (18" barrel), there is something nostalgic about owning one and it's quite the shooter. Last year, I won a 6.5 CM and it too is a shooter even with factory ammo. I am currently building a .264 Winny and that's what prompted me to post the article.

When I had my 6.5 X 284 built I seriously considered a 6.5 CM! Then my paranoid nature took over Everywhere I turned someone was claiming the CM was the second coming of Jesus! It could do ANYTHING! So I'm thinking " If it sounds too good to be true..." I went with the 6.5 X 284 and have never regretted it!
Pushing the CM so hard cost a well known builder my money!

Most of those velocities seem really slow unless they were using mild factory loads. Like 100-200+fps slow from personal loading experience.

But whatever. I am glad to see the .260Rem beat the 6.5CM.

Agreed, funny enough the cartridges that won seem most handicapped.

mine didnt make the list , JK, I am building a 26 wssm AI right now :) I know it may be a bad choice for brass but i have a pile of it :)

My first 6.5 was a Carl Gustaf 6.5x55 Swedish mauser carbine (18" barrel), there is something nostalgic about owning one and it's quite the shooter. Last year, I won a 6.5 CM and it too is a shooter even with factory ammo. I am currently building a .264 Winny and that's what prompted me to post the article.
Feenix, I like mine so much that I'm building a duplicate.

When I had my 6.5 X 284 built I seriously considered a 6.5 CM! Then my paranoid nature took over Everywhere I turned someone was claiming the CM was the second coming of Jesus! It could do ANYTHING! So I'm thinking " If it sounds too good to be true..." I went with the 6.5 X 284 and have never regretted it!
Pushing the CM so hard cost a well known builder my money!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.