6.5 x 47 Lapua.. Any gun manufactures chambering this round???

dxlbaile

Would really like to get a 6.5 x 47 for my kids and wife to shoot.. Anyone aware of any of the big rifle companies that are chambering for this round.. ???

I'm not interested in CM Thanks in ADVANCE..

Well, no not from the big manufacturers. It would be nice, however. Mines a Cooper Phoenix, which really is a "production" rifle when you get down to it. You'd be into about 2k and change to get one. I'm quite happy with my Cooper.

That said, I'll bet the Savage Custom shop would build one for you on a medium profile barrel for about 1,200 to 1,400. You might want to give Effie a call. It's a great cartridge to reload for and shoot!

One other option would be buy a savage model 12fv from cabelas/bass pro shops and a pre fit shilen barrel from midway. I did this for my wife and the gun shoots 3/8 moa.

You can sell the take off barrel to recoup a little cash.

Last edited:
I have a Criterion Remage barrel from Northland Shooter's Supply. Shot this 5 round 100yd group at 0.179" with it a couple of weeks ago. Barrel has more than 1200 rounds down it so far.

*Edit to add..my smith trued the action and bushed the firing pin on my stock Rem700 stainless short action receiver. I use a Timney CE trigger and it's in a Magpul 700 stock.

Attachments

• F7D7C381-FDCB-4C32-945C-BD62FC6EA0ED.jpeg
    F7D7C381-FDCB-4C32-945C-BD62FC6EA0ED.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
So, What would be the best donor caliber rifle to start with to make this a easy conversion??? .308 ? 223? 243?

Curious why you aren't interested in a creedmoor?
Thanks for your curiosity, I don't want to start that debate on this thread, so I will just say my personal preference. I have a couple of friends that shoot custom 6.5 x 47 Lapuas and they are so sickly accurate that I would like one but, I don't want the cost of custom.

Thanks for your curiosity, I don't want to start that debate on this thread, so I will just say my personal preference. I have a couple of friends that shoot custom 6.5 x 47 Lapuas and they are so sickly accurate that I would like one but, I don't want the cost of custom.
Right on, good luck with your quest.

a standard short action is what you want. Think the .308 family, so .243/.260/.7mm-08/.308, etc.

The .223 bolt face would be too small.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.