6.5 something

Half my rifles are wildcats. Headstamp is not a problem

Well, in that case, I've been sitting on this one for a while. I don't have time for 90% of my ideas, so I need to start outsourcing them to other suckers shooters. LOL

This is based on a shortened 8x68s case with the intention of working in a 3.400" length action. It should have around 78-80gr case capacity.
16hAOZB.jpg

Ha! Interesting. Any reliable sources for good brass? Ever looked at the 7mm Blazer case?

You can find the Norma 8x68 brass pretty easily for around $2-$2.25 per case. Huntington's has the RWS, but their site has been down for a while. I've used both the Norma and RWS 8x68 brass in a 338/375 Ruger and both brands seem to perform about the same.

If I were actually doing something with that reamer print, I'd tweak the dimensions just a bit so that I could use 300 PRC or 375 Ruger brass as well. Maybe I'll try making up a rough sized dummy round to look at just for fun.

Talking with @GLTaylor about building a 264 cal that would be beltless in the 70-80 grains of powder capacity. Need to have good quality and available brass. Thoughts?

1601415312344.png

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.