6.5 PRC slow powders and light bullets?

So far good results in both of my 6.5 PRC rifles with IMR4350 between 54.8 and 55.4gr. Currently at 3206fps and 3170 at the barrel. No pressure signs, primers look identical to lower powder loads.

Will have to load up and see how much headroom to max I have. This ADG brass is awesome, so far it stretched .003" in 2 reloads, still haven't had to trim it.

So far good results in both of my 6.5 PRC rifles with IMR4350 between 54.8 and 55.4gr. Currently at 3206fps and 3170 at the barrel. No pressure signs, primers look identical to lower powder loads.

Will have to load up and see how much headroom to max I have. This ADG brass is awesome, so far it stretched .003" in 2 reloads, still haven't had to trim it.
@alaskan9974 thats great!! I was going to try H4350 with my 125g Badlands but they're expensive and I've got it shooting a little lower than I wanted but it's very accurate.

I learned on my last excursion with reloading for a rifle/cartridge before that your brass matters A LOT. I know I cringe when I buy such expensive brass but in the end it's definitely worth it, especially when your after consistency/accuracy at beyond 500yrds. I trim every firing wether it needs it or not, I do everything the same every firing.

Fantastic! Thanks for reporting back. Is this where you are wanting to land velocity-wise?

Fantastic! Thanks for reporting back. Is this where you are wanting to land velocity-wise?
Yes I was happy with anything over 3150 with a 123gr.

Still need to fine tune it a bit, it is sub-moa but .7 groups aren't what I want. Settled on 54.8gr at 2.910" with 123 eld-m, didn't see much change when I swapped with a 123gr SST. Primers start to get light craters at 55.6 grains and 3300fps.

Tried some RL23 but wasn't as consistent as the IMR4350. Have some 143's will have to try with the excess US869 I have.

Yes I was happy with anything over 3150 with a 123gr.

Still need to fine tune it a bit, it is sub-moa but .7 groups aren't what I want. Settled on 54.8gr at 2.910" with 123 eld-m, didn't see much change when I swapped with a 123gr SST. Primers start to get light craters at 55.6 grains and 3300fps.

Tried some RL23 but wasn't as consistent as the IMR4350. Have some 143's will have to try with the excess US869 I have.
You hit 3300 FPS? That seems like it is screaming!

You hit 3300 FPS? That seems like it is screaming!
That's where I saw cratered primers with imr4350, so backed down a grain since it was only 60* out and didn't want issues when it warms up.

I am having a heck of a time with copper fouling on my Bergara. Not sure if its the higher velocities or what, I thought maybe it wasn't broken in yet but have almost 150 rounds through it and it looks like I stuffed a copper pipe down the barrel after 25 rounds.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.