6.5 new weatherby cartrige

I paid $34 canadian for my brass, so almost free in american dollars. LOL. Its not real easy to find in canada so I had to buy all of it for that price. Loaded ammo up here is around $100 a box with 140 accubonds.

When Weatherby came out with the RPM (6.5-284 Long) I thought it was a great balance between performance and efficiency, so I took the bait and bought a Backcountry. After I shot it a little, I decided to rechamber a Ruger 77 from 6.5-284 with a Schnider barrel to the RPM and totally love them both. The nine-pound Ruger for sitting in blinds and the Backcountry for walking around. Both are very accurate and really smacks steel with authority out to 1k. Not as fussy about feeding as the little/short fat 6.5s. As yet, I haven't shot an elk with one, but would; definitely Thor's Hammer on antelope and deer. I found most of my brass at Sportsman's Warehouse. Might be something better for bullets, but the Hornady 143 ELD-X has worked great for me.

I got lucky yesterday and got 200 peices of 6.5 RPM brass from my local cabelas on clearance for half price. Paying full price isnt as exciting.
That doesn't bode well for Adam's new cartridge if it's on clearance already. Didn't see a need for it as they already had 6.5-300. Don't like his new stock designs either. Doesn't look like a Weatherby.

That doesn't bode well for Adam's new cartridge if it's on clearance already. Didn't see a need for it as they already had 6.5-300. Don't like his new stock designs either. Doesn't look like a Weatherby.
Usually weatherby continues to make ammo and brass even if a cartridge isnt popular, so I wouldnt get too worried.

When Weatherby came out with the RPM (6.5-284 Long) I thought it was a great balance between performance and efficiency,
I'm with 2Old2Care on this. Being a 6.5-284 Norma owner for a number of years, as soon as I saw the SAAMI chamber drawings I knew it would be a top 6.5 performer on game and LR targets. It's the same case as the Norma round just a half inch longer. More boiler room area for the 153/156gn bullets and if one was to decide to go 7-7.5 twist the heavier mono's would be unstoppable.
I personally do not like the looks/feel of the Weatherby's but that's me. Nothing against anyone who likes/shoots them. Pound for pound, dollar for dollar, they're just as good as any other rifle IMO.
In the past I would have gone for a varmint profile barrel but as I get older (read as; arthritis) I don't seem to prefer handling the 12-14lb rifles as much. Now I'm thinking a heavy sporter, 26-28", no slower than 1-8t would be just the ticket for a rifle/scope of about 10lbs with this cartridge. Just an idea for me right now at least till components become more readily available.