6.5 haters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure I would say 6.5 haters as much as I would Creedmoor haters. The 6.5 has always been a wonderful bullet. Read so many articles about the 6.5 before the Creedmoor ever arrived on the seen. I would say the reason for the hate is the Creedmoor showed up and all of a sudden this is the cartridge to end all cartridges. People claimed ridiculous capabilities when the Creedmoor doesn't produce anything better than the Swede the 260 Rem, 264 win mag or the 6.5/06 A square that was already available to the public. This isn.t to mention the wildcats that were available. Shooters just got tired of new shooters picking up the cartridge running to the range and field and claiming that it was this super cartridge that equals what is out there already.
I definitely would agree that it is not so much the 6.5 as it is the Creedmoor haters. I have a 6.5 PRC and with hot reloads and I am exceeding ft-lbs of 270 Win and past 100 yards it exceeds 30-06 in energy. I love my 6.5 PRC as it is one of the most accurate (even with hot reloads--60.5 gr of RL25 pushing 143gr ELD-X 3,026fps) rifles I have in my safe and my safe is full of good rifles. My 6.5 PRC shoots 1/4 MOA at 300 yards with my hot loads--that is good enough for me in the deer woods of North Lousiana.

Terminal should have went to the 308. When a deer is 20" thick in the chest it doesn't matter how far the bullet went after going through the deer. It's what it did in the deer and the 308 had a significantly larger permanent wound channel.
Whoa whoa whoa but what if you have to shoot it up the butt?? That's why you need a 30 nosler anyway. What if the shot opportunity isn't perfect?!?!

Kinda like...6.5 PRC, 7PRC, 300 PRC don't you think?
I haven't heard as much about the PRC's as I have the Creedmoor. I would say the PRC's are better at taking game. I am an Elmer Keith fan and believe that Velocity and heavier bullets kill faster. That being said the PRC's other than the 6.5 is probably a gap filler of the 3 and the other 2 are just there. That is my opinion don't hang me for it 😁

Whoa whoa whoa but what if you have to shoot it up the butt?? That's why you need a 30 nosler anyway. What if the shot opportunity isn't perfect?!?!
I'm an ethical hunter who doesn't shoot white tail deer in the butt. If you have to shoot animals in the butt maybe you shouldn't be hunting and maybe you shouldn't be posting on this thread or site. Doesn't matter what you are shooting; shot placement remains the key. I am blessed enough to own private property inside a 15,000 acre military base that I can hunt (I am allowed to hunt my own property inside the base) and my farthest shot is about 300 yards. My 6.5 PRC is more than powerful enough and would probably kill a deer stone dead if I shot him in the butt; however I would never do that. There are plenty of awesome guys on this site that post information about the extreme powered rifles such as 28 Nosler (I have one for elk by the way and it is too much for whitetail), 30 Nosler, 300 RUM and so forth and I would be willing to bet those guys aren't shooting elk in the butt. Thanks

I haven't heard as much about the PRC's as I have the Creedmoor. I would say the PRC's are better at taking game. I am an Elmer Keith fan and believe that Velocity and heavier bullets kill faster. That being said the PRC's other than the 6.5 is probably a gap filler of the 3 and the other 2 are just there. That is my opinion don't hang me for it 😁
Good opinion and no one is going to hang you for it--that is an accurate reply. I think you are right on about the 7 PRC as I really haven't figured out the purpose of that one yet. I have a 28 Nosler and the 7 PRC won't touch it with a 10 foot rake; however the 28 Nosler is very rough on barrels--not a caliber you want to take to the range and shoot day in and day out. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts