6.5 Grendel hunting bullet

There 100 gr partition had too enter but it definitely didn't exit , the only conclusion I could ever come up with the bullet must have vacuum sealed the entrance ..There was three of us looking and rubbing all over the deer too find the entrance or blood . I ve been shooting game a long time and have never experienced any thing like that. My correction for the future is shooting Hammer Bullets . If I didn't shoot Hammers or Barnes , my cup and core choices would be Nosler accubonds or Partitions. I have plenty of those for back up.
No insult intended but there are only two possibilities

One way or another you simply failed either find the exit wound or a large chunk of bullet still in the entrails.

The one thing Partitions will not do at any speed I've ever seen them fired at from anything between .243, to 375 is explode.

At the very worst they'll maintain somewhere between 30 to 60% of it's mass even with the highest possible impact speeds.

If you missed finding the entry hole you were just as likely to miss the exit wound if the lower portion of the bullet just penciled through.

No biggie, we don't always take the time to really dig in and find every bullet that can be recovered, especially if it's cold and my hands are getting wet with blood.

No insult intended but there are only two possibilities

One way or another you simply failed either find the exit wound or a large chunk of bullet still in the entrails.

The one thing Partitions will not do at any speed I've ever seen them fired at from anything between .243, to 375 is explode.

At the very worst they'll maintain somewhere between 30 to 60% of it's mass even with the highest possible impact speeds.

If you missed finding the entry hole you were just as likely to miss the exit wound if the lower portion of the bullet just penciled through.

No biggie, we don't always take the time to really dig in and find every bullet that can be recovered, especially if it's cold and my hands are getting wet with blood.
Wild Rose you are a hard man too convince Believe me I don't miss anything , if you knew me better you would understand .like I said there was three hunters including myself and there was no visible entrance much less a exit , no blood no where's on the animal . Every time we would find a deer tick or anything we would think that might be the entrance , but not . It surprises me you haven't had a unexplained experience when shooting game as it seems you are a very experienced hunter .

Wild Rose you are a hard man too convince Believe me I don't miss anything , if you knew me better you would understand .like I said there was three hunters including myself and there was no visible entrance much less a exit , no blood no where's on the animal . Every time we would find a deer tick or anything we would think that might be the entrance , but not . It surprises me you haven't had a unexplained experience when shooting game as it seems you are a very experienced hunter .
I am, I understand bullets and terminal performance pretty well.

For the bullet to have worked there must be at least an entry wound, then it's just a question of if it passed through or stayed somewhere in the animal.

I've had some really stump me too over the years so I'll promise ya you're not alone.

I am, I understand bullets and terminal performance pretty well.

For the bullet to have worked there must be at least an entry wound, then it's just a question of if it passed through or stayed somewhere in the animal.

I've had some really stump me too over the years so I'll promise ya you're not alone.
The only logical thing I could come up with the pressure created a vacuum being it didn't exit sucking the entry wound closed sealing it. It sounds crazy even trying too explain it , but it happened. I'll think about starting a post for telling your most unexplained hunting story.

You're right, my apologies. I wasn't trying to start a fight or an argument, I was trying to be funny, but I failed.
I laughed! When we first started it was much easier to give bullets away than to sell them. I used to compare myself to a drug dealer. First hit is on me, after that you gotta pay!

We have seen lots of animals where it is hard to find holes with the hide on. Remove the hide and the holes become obvious. I remember a few years ago a young hunter hunting with us shot a couple of mule deer. They were harvested nicely and the thought on both was they were quartered away and the entrance was back off the ribs. Well, when we butchered them the entrance on both was the hind quarter. Not as good a shot as originally thought and likely quartered more than originally thought.

We have seen lots of animals where it is hard to find holes with the hide on. Remove the hide and the holes become obvious. I remember a few years ago a young hunter hunting with us shot a couple of mule deer. They were harvested nicely and the thought on both was they were quartered away and the entrance was back off the ribs. Well, when we butchered them the entrance on both was the hind quarter. Not as good a shot as originally thought and likely quartered more than originally thought.
They do have a nasty habit of moving between the time our brain sends the signal to the trigger finger and the bullet impacting. That can easily run up to 2 seconds or more at long range.

That's why you need a bullet you can trust because there's no way every shot on game is going to be under ideal conditions and circumstances.

I Now have gotten some 125 gr Partitions to load and try also ! CFE223 Seems toGET the most FPS and still retain accuracy too ! I use CCI450 Primers BUT i also have CCI BR4's. What powder do your Grendels Favor ?

The good thing is I have nearly EVERY. Powder there is and the Howa is a play Toy that I keep trying different bullet- powder Combos in for Fun I like shooting the rifle and one day i will have it rebarreled twith a Good Quality one ! Also I want a Carbon Fibre stock too !