6.5 grendel bullet for 400 yard antelope?

Winny94

I'm taking a 6.5 grendel out west this fall for antelope and need some suggestions for the bullet. The upper is a 22" JP barrel. My average shot out there has been about 200, but I would like the option to reach out to 400 comfortably. What bullet would you all suggest? I'm considering the 123gr sst, 120gr nosler BT, and the 129gr ABLR, but I'm really open to anything.

What is your twist? We have a 124g that is designed for a 1-8" twist that will work from 0 yards to 400 yards and work well. Zero it at 250 yards for maximum point bland range out to 300 yards with no hold over with a muzzle velocity of 2500fps.

Steve

123g AMAX has taken one white tail at 225ish yards from my 20" Grendel. Initial velocity is 2520 with IMR 8208xbr I placed it high shoulder and result was DRT. Bullet penetrated about 3" then grenaded. Biggest piece of bullet was 37g and it was recovered under the hide on the off side shoulder. Have fun. All the bullets you mention should do the trick ethically.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.