6.5 creedmoor misinformation, a bit humorous but sad?

Nothing really wrong with them. Just easy to load for, fun to shoot, and stupid accurate.
Sure other cartridges are that way too. The one below can shoot in the .1 to .3 range pretty easily and it's a silly Savage.
IMG_20180426_223906.jpg

Ammunition?

Nice shooting
Handloads... They were virgin Lapua brass, 210M primers, Varget, and Nosler 168 Custom Comps, seated 2.810 COAL.

That was the first trip to the range with that rifle (brand new). Those were shots number 76-100 down that barrel. It was broken-in just earlier that same afternoon.

Those loads were literally tossed together after picking a charge weight and seating depth that was only .010" longer than SAAMI spec, with zero load development in a brand new rifle, with brand new brass...So, might as well have been shooting factory "match" ammo...

Last edited:
I thought about writing something here, something like, "But wait--there's more" before running out of Internet. Then I saw those two guys wrestling. Tell me that's what they were doing. Please?

I've heard 6.5 Creed guys are more sensitive. Don't know if its true or not...

View attachment 133555

How freaking hilarious would it be if there were shooters of the homosexual persuasion that look at this thread and say "Pfft Creedmoor... that's so gay"

*PC police smackdown in 3...2....1....*

Last edited:
It's a solid round that's about it. You have F&S hyping it up in every other article they put out and have it ranked high in any list of 10 best cartridges for whatever.

I sometimes get to sipping the koolaid but I really it's the gun I'm shooting. I love the shoot ability of my Gap-10.

If it goes bang and is accurate I like it. Listening to die hard 308 and 6.5 creed shooter makes me want to vomit. (308) We get it you want to shoot the same boring round 5-6k Times (6.5) yeah you clearly bought the hype and don't think for yourself.

It's because you're a better shot! Lol
Don't know if that's true, but I'll take the compliment. I don't get those very often on here... haha

I was only posting it because some newbies and other people seem to forget about the old workhorse, and think the 6.5 CM is "more accurate"...Or some load of crap they were told by another idiot who had no clue. Being that there is no such thing as "inherent accuracy", I just wanted to post it to prove to those thinking, or telling others misinformation, that only the factory 6.5CM rifles were shooters, they are wrong. I know you weren't doing that.

Don't know if that's true, but I'll take the compliment. I don't get those very often on here... haha

I was only posting it because some newbies and other people seem to forget about the old workhorse, and think the 6.5 CM is "more accurate"...Or some load of crap they were told by another idiot who had no clue. Being that there is no such thing as "inherent accuracy", I just wanted to post it to prove to those thinking, or telling others misinformation, that only the factory 6.5CM rifles were shooters, they are wrong. I know you weren't doing that.

True...I have a custom .308 that shoots extremely well. My GAP 6.5 is just easy to shoot. I attribute it to no recoil and a wonderfully designed stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts