6.5 CREEDMOOR loads w/CFE223

PowderMan

Looking to see if anyone has tried CFE223 in a 6.5 Creedmoor. My .223 and .308 seem to love it. Making 1 ragged hole with 3 shots in both. I have tried several loads in CM with 4350, varget and RL15. shooting Bergers,Barnes and Nosler in 120 grain pills. Rifle is Legendary Arms w/24" barrel and 1in 8" twist. Have gotten to 1.25 groups but know the rifle can do better.......any suggestions would be appreciated.

Looking to see if anyone has tried CFE223 in a 6.5 Creedmoor. My .223 and .308 seem to love it. Making 1 ragged hole with 3 shots in both. I have tried several loads in CM with 4350, varget and RL15. shooting Bergers,Barnes and Nosler in 120 grain pills. Rifle is Legendary Arms w/24" barrel and 1in 8" twist. Have gotten to 1.25 groups but know the rifle can do better.......any suggestions would be appreciated.

I would try a heavier bullet with the 4350 powder. Like the 140 A-Max or the 140 Bergers. RL17 is another good powder for the CM. Good speed and accuracy from it, but heat sensitive.

I tried the CFE223 in my first Creedmoor and it was not impressive enough to keep my attention. To be honest that was the only powder I have tried that did not shoot well but it may do great for you.
I have shot mostly 120/123gr Amax and 123gr Scenars in mine with several powders and all were very good.
Varget was good but AR Comp and IMR4007 SSC both turned in stellar results.
I have some buddies who swear by Superformance and get better velocities than I do and it shot well for me too but for now I am sticking with AR Comp.

Buy some 130 or 140 Hybrids and run them with H4350, RL17, and H4831. If you can't get any of those to shoot try buying a box of Prime Ammunition loaded with the 130 grain Norma for around $25/box. They've shot fantastic in every gun I've tried them in and would be a good way to validate your rifle will is capable of better accuracy than 1.25 MOA groups.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts