6.5 creedmoor for elk

You aren't wasting anyone's time. That's what we're here for.

It's not as much a matter of caliber as it is putting the shot in the right spot.

If you are trying to punch the shoulders for a high shoulder/spine shot at 600+ I'd say go much bigger.

If you are patent enough to ensure you always get the bullet in the heart/lungs and limit yourself to 600yds or less then I'd say without question it's enough gun for the job.

Putting it in the right spot is what matters most.

Agreed!
I think 600 is a good limit with the velocity of the Cr, of course with my 264WM I could stretch some but would prefer my 300WM for Elk out there a ways, esp for shoulder shots.
And with 600 being a good max, I sure like the way a 140 partition performs. Yes, the Berger would be fine but at that max the BC difference is not too big a deal , I saw my Wife take an Elk at 200 or so with here 6.5x55 & the 140 plowed through both shoulders with good terminal effect. just saying with that range max the 140 Partition will certainly perform.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.