6.5 CM

the blur

What's your favorite hunting rifle in a 6.5 Creedmor?

I've been reading so much about the round.. I just have to have one. I want to get to 500 yards with off the shelf ammo, and this seems like the way.

I'm shooting a model 10 savage. Has held .5 moa or better since i took it out of the box. 634 rounds since Thanksgiving. I'm shooting handloads however the federal American eagle149 otm and the winchester deer xp 125 have shot sub 3/4 moa. I shot the 125 load into .4 at 100 yds and the 140 federal load into 1.75 inches at 300yds in perfect conditions. When it's switchy I'm not familiar enough with either to shoot to it's potential. The federal gold match 130 hybrid load has shot very well in the guns the boss has put together. Really tough to beat with a handloaded 130. The bigger 147's though have been money in tough conditions for me. Next one will have a 7.5 tw to shoot the sierrias.

I just got a Christensen Ridgeline in 6.5 creedmoor and it shoots outstanding with handload 140 Berger vlds. The only factory ammo I shot through it was Hornady 143 ELDX and it shot several 1/2" groups
Had a Savage long range hunter a few years ago and it shot 140 bergers really well too. 3" groups at 500 yards was the norm. That was as far as I ever shot it
That cartridge just flat shoots so pick a rifle you like and start shooting!

E75F0C07-381D-439A-84EE-4579F1D758E1.jpeg
Sako a7 range. 26" barrel
This is 5shots at a 100

6_5_Creedmoor_target_b.jpg

Unfortunately, this was before the idiots at Hornady disposed of the AMAX line of bullets in order to increase pricing. This was shot by a buddy who supplied the photo.

Good results have been achieved with Prime ammunition for competitions such as PRS. I rarely shoot FGMM anymore because of the poor quality of the brass. Currently, we have a good supply of Peterson Brass in LP and SP so the point is mute.
dhKC27

The Tikka is always a nice option, and underrated.
That Seekins is just fantastic. Really phenomenal. Fall in love every time I see one at Cabela's. If it were only a tri-lug...
The new PVA John Hancock looks truly sweet. Give it a look.

My local shop is pushing the Tikka. They have a light weight hunting barrel, and a heavy weight range rifle. Never owned a Tikka before..

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.