6.5 Accubond LR bullet on Game

drpbroun5

What experience have y'all had with this bullet in either or both weights, 129gr &/or 142gr, on elk at closer ranges (out to 400yrds) as well as at long range (600 - 1000yds). What kind of terminal performance have you found compared to other bullets such as the regular Accubond or Berger's 140gr Hunter or Hybrid? I'm getting a 26 Nosler built that's main purpose is Western mule deer hunting but I'm wondering if this will also work for elk at any range out to it's energy and velocity limit. I have ordered a Krieger 28" finished barrel with a 1 in 8 twist, building the rifle to shoot the Accubond LR 142gr bullet or possibly one heavier. Thank you for sharing your experience.Paul

I'm not sure what this means. I'm considering using an Accubond LR 142gr bullet or a Berger 140gr Hybrid in my rifle. I hope these will work well for elk. I will greatly appreciate any information that I can get from as many folks as possible. Thank you!
Paul

Tex,
Excuse my ignorance. Somebody or somebodies must have experience with the ABLR on elk. They have been out long enough, I believe. The advertised BC makes them look good as a valid prospect. Hopefully Bryan Litz will jump in and give us his measured G1 and G7 BC on them. Folks, please let us hear from you. Thanks.
Paul

The bergers work so good it's hard to try something else. Not to mention the inflated BC's of the bullets, I believe left a bad taste in the mouth of many who considered them.

I worked up a load with the 129 lrab out of a 6.5 creed. It shot okay but not better than the bergers and the drops did not equal the advertised BC.

I can almost guarantee you that if people start using them they will raise the price to where their already overpriced accubond is and then you are screwed because you have to pay almost double what the bergers cost with less performance. my .02

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.