6.5-284

I don't know if your just stuck on just using Hammer bullets but any of the solids will work fine. Also a 140 Accubond would be just fine. The Cape Buff I would find a solid for hands down. Everything else has been killed with anything from a Berger to Remington core locks. They are no harder to kill than an elk or a moose and the Europeans have been killing moose for years with cup and core 6.5 bullets. Regardless of what powder you choose accuracy will be key and knowing what distance you are comfortable with and can hit with. I would say know your limits and what the bullet can do at what range. Most bullets don't expand much past 1600 to 1800fps. The ALBR is supposed to expand a "little" down to 1300fps. Also deer to caribou size game probably I personally if I have less than 1000ft/lb of energy its probably a no go. This generally puts me shooting way out there. Elk size and bigger is about 1200ft/lb of energy. You need to know this if taking longer shots and how much retained velocity/energy the bullet is supposed to have and then error on the side of more will be better so try and get a little closer. What I mean by this is if your at 900 yards and your out side of that zone get to 800yrds.
for the buff I will either use the Barnes 450 TSX loaded to 2339 fps or the Hammer 402 grain and load them at app 2400