• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 6.5-.284 Hoover

Kevin Cram

65-284001.jpg

Complete rifle weighs 14 lbs. I have 236 rounds through the barrel. Rifle shoots very well. I get 2990 fps and SD of 5 with either A-max's or Match Kings. I don't shoot this much at 100 yards since it was built for long range but has proven to be a less than 1/2 m.o.a. gun. I built this back in 2006 for woodchucks. It has taken chucks out to 1100 yards. Has enough energy with 140g Hornady A-max or 142g Sierra Match Kings for deer size game out to around 800 yards. Would cost over $3,000 to build. Selling for $2,100. I'm only selling to finance another build.

RIFLE SPECS

Remington 700 S/A
1.) Single Point blueprinted true to centerline of action
2.) Aluminum single shot follower
3.) Hart extended bolt handle
4.) Calahan fire control

Rifle Basix LV1 Trigger

Shilen S/S Barrel
1.) #5 1/2 contour
2.) 27" finish length
3.) 1-9 twist
4.) MCR muzzle brake
5.) Chambered 6.5-.284 Hoover
6.) .297" neck
7.) Throated for 142g. Sierra Match Kings or 140g. Hornady A-max

Richards Micro-Fit Straight Line Thumbhole Stock
1.) Aluminum pillar bedded
2.) Pachmayr recoil pad
3.) Clear coat automotive finish
4.) Front and rear swivel studs

Weaver 2 piece bases

Burris Signature 30mm Zee Rings

Sightron 6-24 x 50 30mm tube side paralax

58 pcs. Lapua brass

Redding 2 die set

That barrel looks like a mirror and stock looks like marble!

I prefer metal barrels and wood stocks myself!:D

The color is considered "Imperial" It is red/maroon and grey/black. Rifle is excellent for woodchucks out to over 1000 yards and carries enough energy using 140g bullets for deer size game to around 800 yards. Would possibly consider a Nightforce 8-32 x 56 NXS scope and some cash for trade.

Last edited:
I've seen this gun in person and it is absolutely beautiful, along with evrything Kevin builds.

Boy, I see this gun at Kevin's all the time and it is sweet! Would love to have it! Kevin does nice work just built me a 6BR. This gun will not disapoint!

just checking too see if this gun is still for sale?? would you consider selling just the gun?? I have a scope already.. Just curious.. If not , I understand.. What are you building now?? A 338??

Yes, rifle is still for sale. I would consider selling without scope and rings for $1600 plus shipping. I'm building a .338-.408 and need to sell one of my rifles to fund this new build. If you have any questions about this rifle please feel free to contact me. Thanks.

Kevin

Yes, rifle is still for sale. I would consider selling without scope and rings for $1600 plus shipping. I'm building a .338-.408 and need to sell one of my rifles to fund this new build. If you have any questions about this rifle please feel free to contact me. Thanks.

Kevin
Im definately interested in it. My intentions were too build one, but im trying too sell my savage model 10 , 308 gun.. short barrel, 20 incher. with choate stock.. so that i can.. how do you put a pic on this site?? < Thanks,, Kyle

Kyle,
This is how I post a photo. I save the photo in www.photobucket.com
Once the photo is saved, under the thumbnail pic in photobucket will be a direct link. Highlight it and copy it. Now on the thread in www.longrangehunting.com you'd like to post the photo click on the small icon that is a yellow square and has a small mountain and sun. You will get a URL space to paste your photo direct link in. (delete the http:// first though) your photo will then appear in the thread.

Kyle,
This is how I post a photo. I save the photo in www.photobucket.com
Once the photo is saved, under the thumbnail pic in photobucket will be a direct link. Highlight it and copy it. Now on the thread in www.longrangehunting.com you'd like to post the photo click on the small icon that is a yellow square and has a small mountain and sun. You will get a URL space to paste your photo direct link in. (delete the http:// first though) your photo will then appear in the thread.
i'll have too do it sunday when i get back from the Navy Reserves. my pics are on computer at home. I'll give it a shot, or two. Or if at best, i make my girlfriend do it. hahaha