6.5/.264 140 gr amax, Discontinued

It wouldn't make a lot of sense to claim that the traditional tips were failing and continue putting them on your bullets. Hornady does in fact claim that the tip is a big deal in terms of accuracy so the expectation is that you should shoot $8 a box better at long range with their new bullet. If you shoot $10 or $12 a box better, then you should really be pleased with the change. I'd be impressed if the tip didn't deform in the mag box under recoil. As for whether or not it's marketing hype, that's only for customers who have used the product to determine and so far, there are no customers so we'll just have to wait and see. Remember, Hordady say's it's a big deal so I'm expecting a big deal.

Guys,
This is not the best place, but I thought I would pass on that from an estate, I ended up with three opened boxes of Hdy 140gr AMAX and five unopened boxes, still block plastic wrapped, 120gr AMAX. If these would be of interest, please drop me PM.
I shoot an old '94 Mauser in 6.5 x 55, so the higher velocities aren't an option.

Rick

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.