6.5-06 which brass to use?

I had a 6.5-06 Ack. and I originally used 270 brass for the longer neck. If you don't want to trim the necks, the 25-06 brass is the way to go. Just run one through a FL die and be done with it. If you want to taylor your brass then the 270 is the way to go. I ended up going the latter in the end. I did eventually sell the rifle but if you need any information I'd check my notes.

Not sure how accurate your wanting it or what spec you chamber is but I personaly would use 30-06 Lapua brass and neck it down. run it through a 280 neck die then your 6.5 die and their you have it. depending on your chamber spec you may have to turn the necks to get a perfect fit but likly not.
The Lapua brass will far outlast if you run your pressures up any and its about the most consistant out their.

Thanks everyone for the words of wisdom. I agree about Lapua but due to cost I will go with .25-06 Winchester brass. This is for E. A. Brown custom accuracy barrel for a T/C Encore. It it shows great accuaracy potential then I will try Lapua.

6A3271C9-EE0C-4A60-9510-719E587A88C8.jpeg