which die to use ?

Ruger M77 hawkeye, just getting into reloading and long range hunting. I have several rifles and have always hunted and shoot as much as I can,and have made some long shots hunting. Some over 450 yds but i want to take the guess work out and stop holding over what I'm shooting

I don't think they make a Lee Collet in 264 win mag. Since they don't then the best dies would be the Redding competition bushing neck sizer, Redding body die and Redding competition seater

MidwayUSA - Redding Competition Bushing 3-Die Neck Sizer Set 264 Winchester Magnum

kinda expensive though!!!

A cheaper solution would be to get the regular Redding full length sizer with the expander ball

MidwayUSA - Redding Full Length Sizer Die 264 Winchester Magnum

and the regular seater

MidwayUSA - Redding Seater Die 264 Winchester Magnum

much much cheaper but you have to deal with the expander ball, more runout and lube in the neck.

Not a whole lot of choices for the 264 win mag.

You can contact Lee Custom services. They can make you a collet neck die. I am having them make me one for my .300 ultra mag

I recomend the Collet neck size die, Redding body die for when you need to full length size, and the Redding Comp. seater.

-Any suggestions to which dies to use loading for 264 mag ?-

Not really sure what you are asking. You need a Full Length sizer and Seater plus a neck sizer if you want to go that route. If you mean what brand of dies, none are magic. We all have our personal favorites but, fact is, they all work fine.

Ain't no die made nor any handload made that can prevent gravity from working on a flying bullet so hold over at 450 yards will remain a fact of life.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.