6.5-06 info

Have built a few of them...

Redding dies
Retumbo
140 Bergers 3050-3100fps
130 Bergers 3175-3250fps w/H1000

Very accurate and efficient case.

I have a custom 6.5-06 AI built by Kirby on a Lawton action and stocked in a Manners Ultralight. The barrel is a Lilja 1-in-8 twist for the 140 gr. bullets. After a lot of experimenting with powders and various 140 gr. bullets, I found that my rifle shot the tightest groups with the 130 gr. bullets and H4831SC (approx. 3,150 fps). I use Hornady 25-06 brass, neck it up and then fireform it. Although I have run it out to 1000 yds, I try to stay within 700-800 yds for my shots a game. Dies are Redding.

I have one of those 6.5-06 AI's built by TMR and have taken it out to 750 yards. Extremely accurate rifle and very mild recoil with the 140gr Bergers. Using the same load as discribed by TMR. The rifle has a muzzle brake on it due to shoulder surgury, but I am sure you could run one without with no problems.
By the way, Lucas, I like your tag name.

When looking for dies I've found some but the don't specifically say ack imp just improved are they the same things they do specify the 40* angel

Other than loss of fps is ther any other down side to a 20 22" barrel for th 6.5 06

Lucas

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.