.50 BMG XKaliber from King's Arsenal

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Stephen O, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Stephen O

Stephen O Member

Have any of you seen anything on this new rifle? I have a growing interest in long range hunting, but consider myself a novice in this arena. I've had the opportunity to get a firsthand first impression, but I could use some education. Is it a good concept relative to it's competition? It's primary use in my world would be hunting.

Thanks.

2. OneShot0351

OneShot0351 Well-Known Member

It looks like a great concept, its built on the great McMIllian action, get some quick detach rings so you can pop that nightforce off and use it as a secondary weapon. as far as a hunting rifle... im not lugging the thing thru the woods by no means, maybe thru afghanistan, but not North America where a .300WM will handle any animal you will come across, and be a whole lot more economical, and i hope your talking about hog hunting. sending a $8 hornady a-max down the pipe every time i pull the trigger and only being able to do that a handful of times before the barrel is shot out is not that appealing either.