.50 BMG XKaliber from King's Arsenal

Stephen O

Have any of you seen anything on this new rifle? I have a growing interest in long range hunting, but consider myself a novice in this arena. I've had the opportunity to get a firsthand first impression, but I could use some education. Is it a good concept relative to it's competition? It's primary use in my world would be hunting.

Thanks.

It looks like a great concept, its built on the great McMIllian action, get some quick detach rings so you can pop that nightforce off and use it as a secondary weapon. as far as a hunting rifle... im not lugging the thing thru the woods by no means, maybe thru afghanistan, but not North America where a .300WM will handle any animal you will come across, and be a whole lot more economical, and i hope your talking about hog hunting. sending a $8 hornady a-max down the pipe every time i pull the trigger and only being able to do that a handful of times before the barrel is shot out is not that appealing either.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.