50 bmg advise

I had never looked at 50's because I figured they would end up like in California---outlawed. But when you could by a 50-BMG upper without a 4473 and OBamaBinLauden doesn't know you have it, I was in. Yes my UPS man handed it to me, wow. I bought the Bohica 30" and used an A-2 stocked receiver I had we added a pad to. The Rock River trigger needed somethiong minor but I don't remember what. I bought the extra power hammer spring from them and the hold open catch so I could leave it in if I changed back to another upper. It shoots great, Superior Shooting Systems coated me a fire-lapping kit with the A-Max's I sent them. Never a miss fire with the Factory loaded A-Max. I had two rds I had to hit again with some cheap surplus. It will shoot sub-moa with the factory A-Max. It has a Night Force 12-42x56 R-2 Reticle on it. I used Burris Extreme Tactical rings and lapped top and bottom, the rings were not expensive so I bought 2-sets, yes I put 4-rings on it. They were on sale at Midway for $39.99 a set, for $80 I wanted to hold the BEST scope I had ever bought on the biggest rifle I had ever owned.
101_3192-1.jpg

If you are looking for a good bolt gun check out Onlylongrange.com and see what they offer very affordable I have know those guys for a long time. They are bulding a 22-243 for me right now.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts