5 mm Magnum rimfire

I think you'd be better off looking for hen's teeth :D. I haven't seen any of that stuff around in years and it's a **** shame because a friend of mine has an older Remington in that 5mm cal. that's a tack driver and a hell of varmint cartridge.

It really is a shame, I've had mine for quite a few years now and I absolutely loved shooting it but I was forced to park it in the safe due to ammo shortage. I've still got about 250 rounds for a "rainy day", but I'd sure like to find more.

I have been eyeing these for quite a few years and would like one too. Ammo shortages are the reason I don't have one also. Then I thought about the 17 WSM and had hopes when Ruger came out with a model. But now they have discontinued that, although I have seen ammo readily available for that. Just not crazy about the Savage in 17! Oh the troubles we've seen, HA

5 mm Rem ammo is no longer being made, so ammo is drying up.

It was a great little round that was before its time. Being 20 caliber there are no rim fire substitutions so re barreling to one of the other rim fire cartridges is the best solution.

Center fire cartridges are not an option because of the pressure and the difficulty of converting to a center fire.

One of the 22 mags would be the best bet for a re barrel.

J E CUSTOM

i have seen it around from time to time, dont know where any is now. a company called centurion makes a run occasionally. keep a check on ammunitiontogo.com&luckygunner.com. good luck

Man, I hated when I could no longer find ammo for mine. What a great little rimfire. Traded it to a guy who had a ton of ammo, because he wouldn't sell any. Someone made a large run of ammo about five years ago. Haven't seen any since.

Another Remington product that they provide no support to their customers for. Just like the Etronix electric primer guns.

I have 7 boxes (50 each) of original Remington 5mm ammo. I sold the rifle a year ago.
Send me a PM if interested.

Attachments

• MAO_3708.JPG
    MAO_3708.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.