5.56 Nato, .223 Rem or .223 Wylde chamber

Hi all,

I was interested in everyones opinion on which chamber to go with, 5.56 Nato, .223 Rem or .223 wylde.

1) I do not reload yet, so this will be factory ammo till I can eventually start reloading in the next year or so.

2) The rifle is a semi-custom bolt action, a fluted 18.5" Krieger #3 1:8 twist barrel is about to be put on.

3) I will be using this rifle for almost everything, trunk/truck gun, shooting steel targets out to 550 yards, coyotes out to 200 yards, the ocational p-dog at 300 yards, and deer at less than 100 yards( it is legal in my area). This is a lightweight rifle that will be shot alot on steel targets and carried alot for stalking.

4) I like cheep ammo for plinking/target, but will be using premium ammo and reloads with high BC bullets on all wild life.

Thank for the info.

I use the Wylde Chamber. It digests everything. I use it for a 3-gun setup.( AR platform) and all around Varmit poison 18" 1 in 7. It shoots everything very well. By everything I mean 223 5.56 Nato and handloads. It shoots sub MOA easily. Not abenchrest rifle, but Big Medicine for most little critters at pretty good ranges.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.