416 Rigby seating depth +PIC+

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Tikkamike, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

I dont have a modified case for the Rigby so it was trial and error getting this to drop into the chamber of my #1. This was the final seating depth when it would finally drop in. I was really hoping it would have a longer throat. That is a 400gr TSX and I would like it seated out about another 1/4" it would look cooler and it would give me a lot more powder capacity. For now I am going to see what I can get out of it as is then go from there.

[​IMG]

2. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

That's just cooler'n hell! It's got bison written all over it!

3. Lefty7mmstw

Lefty7mmstw Well-Known Member

I have similar seating issues with the 300tsx in my 375h@h. Shoots great though. You just have to use fast enough powder to get the compression down. Too bad that pill is .416, and not .411-.412; I wouldn't mind a 400tsx in my 405. 300gr. pills are really just a medium game weight in 41 cal.

4. Kennibear

Kennibear Well-Known Member

Since it's in a Ruger #1 a throat reamer could lengthen the leade easily without having to take the barrel off like you might have to on a bolt gun. The cost of a reamer isn't too much and would be worth it. Is the length of your magazine (your pant's pocket) long enough? LOL!

+1 on HarperC's comment. Bison Buster for sure. Big bears too. Thumpers like that are just plain cool!

KB

5. Korhil78

Korhil78 Well-Known Member

He has to shoot a coyote with it first. Just to see if Barnes bullets open:D

6. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

He's got a turkey tag to fill first! That "solid" should be just the ticket for saving the meat.gun):D

7. Kennibear

Kennibear Well-Known Member

I'd recommend ground squirrels first but their not done hibernating yet!

On a serious note; elk great, moose great, caribou great.....

KB