3D printed scope level with an independetly adjustable level section my buddy and I designed!

Tyler Kemp

Hey guys, thought I'd share a neat little project that seems to be wrapped up. I couldn't believe a scope level with an independently adjustable level was $150, so I made my own.

Version 1 has been tested up to 338 Lapua Improved recoil and passed fine. Pictured is Version 2 which is a clamshell design with less pieces to lose. It is on my GAP/CZ/Manners 22. Excuse the bit of finish rubbed off, we were testing different bolt head sizes. A little bit shorter bolt and I'm totally satisfied. They thread into two captured nuts, and the whole assembly is bolted onto the scope via one bolt into helicoils sank into the plastic.

Quite pleased with how it functions, and the finish matches a matte black scope perfectly.

sm9xkVU.jpg

MM5akSR.jpg

aXhh60G.jpg

XvRRlJy.jpg

Re: 3D printed scope level with an independetly adjustable level section my buddy and I designe

If there were to be potential buyers, I would like to streamline the design a bit for aesthetic purposes. That being said, I can have that done within a few days!

The price will be $30. Threads are helicoiled in, so you're screwing metal into metal for good durability.

Re: 3D printed scope level with an independetly adjustable level section my buddy and I designe

I would definitely take 2 if you decide to produce them.

If you make one in 34mm I will take one. Once I get my next scope I will purchase another. Let me know.

First off. That is the coolest design I've seen.

Would you be willing to license or share the file for personal use only?

That would push me over the edge to purchase a 3D printer.

If not I would like to discuss volume pricing.

Thanks for the interest guys. I will be sending you each personal messages.

Right now we would like to keep the design private jfseaman, I posted this a few places yesterday evening and it has taken off enough that we will be filing a patent.

This is a side project for our main project, which I will show this site in a few weeks. It's pretty game changing in my opinion. That being said, we are just a few guys with fulltime jobs trying to develop things and a website at the same time. The website is on its way, but not worthy to show to the public yet.

Tyler Kemp;1112712...I posted this a few places yesterday evening and it has taken off enough that we will be filing a patent...[/QUOTE said:
Whoohoo. I hope it works!

Entrepreneur 101.

I hope there are not too many hard knocks at this school.

or at least that I get some to try first. LOL

Please send me PMs if you interest in obtaining any of these levels. Include your e-mail and I can send you more information.

I1u2XVx.jpg

Here is an updated rendering of our streamlined version!

tPSmykx.jpg

sZbC1D1.jpg

30mm design came out mighty fine!

Tyler,

Fixed it for you ...

Ed

Attachments

• tPSmykx.jpg
    tPSmykx.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 107
  • sZbC1D1.jpg
    sZbC1D1.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 112
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts