396 yard group

rimfiresniper

Spent the morning just shooting and checking different poi with my generic reloads and factory sst loads. Really like how this 65 creed is shooting out of a deer rifle. Not going to break accuracy records with my deer hunting gun. Shot 4 times with 129 gr sst in front of 46 grs of superformance powder. Pulled shot #2 so went ahead and buckled down and shot two more. 5 th time is with factory 129sst superformance ammo. You can see the impact difference is almost 4" low at 396 yards.

20140830_094310_zps7f4hxpef.jpg

Had my helper this morning my oldest daughter (6) she was tired since the hike up the mountain is basically straight up.
20140830_094552_zpsx2xnuv86.jpg

Not bad, but I'd say the Hornady Factory loads are definitely more consistent in your rifle. A little low is not big deal once you shoot some drops to verify and log your dope.

You can tweak your ballistics program a bit playing with BC's and velocities to match your drops and you should then be good to go.

Hotter isn't better if slower gives you tighter, more consistent groups.

That's one cute kid, keep her involved and get her shooting too as soon a she's up for it!

Thanks going next week and shoot the factory superformance load at 400. At 100 yards it shoots 1/2". The higher shot came from a sole factory round I had in the truck. The one off to the right is my fault pulled it really should have been right there with the other hand loads. I'm looking to stretch it out farther before season.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.