3800 yards long range shot .......

I wonder how many here have actually tried to put a group together at 3+ grand.

He's firing a packing weight 375 Cheytac, prone from a bipod, in real field conditions, shooting through transonic, center hold on the optic and pulling of a rough 2 moa group. Anything that even looks remotely like it's holding a group at that range is impressive to me. Kinda don't know what every has against these guys but I've seen some poorer shooting at closer range that sent everyone into a love fest!

He's firing a packing weight 375 Cheytac, prone from a bipod, in real field conditions, shooting through transonic, center hold on the optic and pulling of a rough 2 moa group. Anything that even looks remotely like it's holding a group at that range is impressive to me. Kinda don't know what every has against these guys but I've seen some poorer shooting at closer range that sent everyone into a love fest!

Same here but I found this sticker and it kinda makes sense. :cool:gun)

Attachments

• 7a9a3bc5666181657e2058261a2c6a03.jpg
    7a9a3bc5666181657e2058261a2c6a03.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 64

Come on guys, Just because 1 poster doesn't agree with another doesn't make him a Hater
It just means he has an opinion.

I for one don't "Hate" anyone for what they try, and I personally have not tried anything over 2000 yards because it is not practical in my opinion and serves no purpose unless you area sniper and has a job to do and has to use any means to get it done .

I know my limits and the limits of my weapons and see no reasons to exceed ether.

I consider the limits of a rifle and shooter to be the distance that He can consistently hit with reasonable accuracy. A bullet also has its limits and eventually will fall to the earth so the distance could be increased to that range and you could hit the target (Earth) every time with more predictably.

Sorry I don't agree with this type of shooting because it serves no purpose and only tends to encourage more people to try shots that are beyond the ability of there rifle and themselves on game. Steel doesn't die a slow painful death if you make a poor shot. One hit in 18 shots doesn't
impress me or prove anything to me except that a blind hog will find an acorn occasionally.

Everyone has expressed there opinions and this is just mine (Like everyone that has posted, I hold no malice if they don't agree with me. It is just simply, that everyone has an opinion and has the right to post without being chastised or called a "Hater"

If we fight among ourselves it only hurts the sport and gives the non believers and tree huggers
more ammo to fight us with, So I for one, will never call another member on this sight anything derogatory just because he doesn't agree with others.

Sorry about the long winded post, but I would hate to see this site turn into some of the other sites that people will not post on in fear of being chastised for there question or opinion.

J E CUSTOM

Jerry,

You know that I've always enjoyed your posts, respected and valued your expertise and opinions but if you're going to dissect this thread, check out who is actually doing the chastising. :D:rolleyes::cool:

Well if I get a chance to shoot a 3800 yard plate, I'm gonna do it. So if you guys dont like it..... I don't care.... Bring on the "opinions".

bunch of girls bickering here now. Everyone is free to speak their minds and no one has offended anyone.
I agree that you have to be good, but simple ballistics tell you that there is no other way to achieve this than how they did it. take a bunch of shots and one will hit. Hey, it could have been done in one shot, if they were a little luckier.

This endeavor is not as impressive to me as the thought of someone actually spending their time figuring all this out and going out to do it. But I don't knock it because it seems they had a ball doing it! others their age stay home and play super mario bros.

I may look like an idiot taking my AR to the range to some people, but i enjoy it.

pick your poison
SnT

Just watched that video and those guys sure had a fun day of shooting. And that was one cool looking rifle with the red flutes and accents in the stock.

Did anybody catch how much that rifle weighed? I know that NF Beast is heavy on it's own.

Jerry,

You know that I've always enjoyed your posts, respected and valued your expertise and opinions but if you're going to dissect this thread, check out who is actually doing the chastising. :D:rolleyes::cool:

I am not the best wordsmith and if it seemed I was dissecting the thread that was not my intention.
I read all of the post and don't even remember who mentioned the Hate factor.

I was just trying to remind everyone what a good site this was and not to be hostile to others that may have a different opinion.

I feel the same way about your threads and always enjoy the videos and links you come up with so if I offended anyone I am sorry and my intentions were not to do so.

J E CUSTOM

I am not the best wordsmith and if it seemed I was dissecting the thread that was not my intention.
I read all of the post and don't even remember who mentioned the Hate factor.

I was just trying to remind everyone what a good site this was and not to be hostile to others that may have a different opinion.

I feel the same way about your threads and always enjoy the videos and links you come up with so if I offended anyone I am sorry and my intentions were not to do so.

J E CUSTOM

It's all good here ... no offense taken at all.

You won't hear any argument from me about how good this site is. Lots of good folks here that are always willing and able to lend a helping hand.

Look, I started it and they are fellow shooters enjoying a day out good for them! To each his own. I now have had an epiphany though, I need a smith that can build me an extreme range scattergun, I will settle for 1 pellet MOA at 1,500. Who is up for the project?

A little late to the party but I actually wanted to think before I posted.

All I can say is congrats, Hitting anything at that range intentionally is amazing.

It shows if nothing else the extreme limits of everyone and every piece of equipment involved.

That's at least a thousand yards beyond anyone I've ever personally seen hit an aimed shot.

A little late to the party but I actually wanted to think before I posted.

All I can say is congrats, Hitting anything at that range intentionally is amazing.

It shows if nothing else the extreme limits of everyone and every piece of equipment involved.

That's at least a thousand yards beyond anyone I've ever personally seen hit an aimed shot.

Agreed! But this is still one of my all time favorite ...

[ame]https://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM?t=6[/ame]

I'm later than late to the party.... Typical me.

I enjoyed the video, Impressed, kind of. I consider myself lucky it I can hit the tirlet bowl in the morning.... My take is, not everyone shares the same opinion of something, thats what makes the world go around.

What I wonder is how many times was the bore cleaned over all thos shots?

Thanks for the video Feenix. I like entertainment..... We do know each other pretty well....:)

BTW, all shooting sub MOA now. Just a matter of doing the dope charts, loading up about 10 for each stick and trundling out there.... Will be fun, I'm sure. 45 days or so left.....

Thanks for the video Feenix. I like entertainment..... We do know each other pretty well....:)

BTW, all shooting sub MOA now. Just a matter of doing the dope charts, loading up about 10 for each stick and trundling out there.... Will be fun, I'm sure. 45 days or so left.....

Aye Sir! I'm very excited for your group hunt. We just got our 1st snow (not sticking, just enough to remind us what's coming) in the lower elevation (3300ish) this weekend. It should be a fun hunt. General antelope opens up next Saturday and I am stoked.

Cheers!

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.