Long Range Bow Shot

Hey Bud congratulations nice deer!!! Now when do I get a chance at his brother????

Hoytman- You said you shot 3D. I hope you didn't shoot those under weight arrows in an IBO tournament. 80# should have a 400grain arrow minimum.

HBar,
The light ones were after I finally broke down and discovered the world of graphites. I never went that route when over the shaft glue-on nocks were the only option. And yes they are sized under for poundage um dare I say it...GT XT3555.but are also shorter and stiffer due to overdraw. I always liked a deflex riser and overdraw over the newer reflex risers and full length arrows. To each his own I guess. My 3D arrow selection consisted of stubby 2312, feathers and 100gr glueins at 410 gr.
I liked shooting top gun class but never felt the urge to go any farther than about 5 different local ranges.

The most memorable moments came from shooting indoors for one winter. 20 yards, same set-up. Where the normal sound is ting,....pop, I was ripping the 2312's with 4 inch feathers at the 80lb. There were many all knowing unimpressed raised eyebrows with the first couple of shots. And just as many perplexed looks when we went and pulled the arrows. It took me five weeks to finally land a number one spot. I shot a 583 of 600 on a week when the rest of them were off a little. Never got there again but it was fun for a day. Now if I can just get the 30-378 a little tighter at 100........NAAA

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.