375 ultra mag

You guys running rl17 what kind of vel and pressure changes are you seeing with at different temps.

Have any of you tried H100V for the lighter bullets 220-260gr. Its high energy powder. I don't have QL in front of me to check fill but its fairly dense.

With my style of shooting and the High velocity's that I maintain, temp change and a drop in fps does not change my point of impact enough to be a factor or concern. And as far as Hybrid HV100 it is one of my favorate powders, It's just not mainstreem enough for mom and pops to carry it but when ever I do find some. I snag a couple of pounds even though I am well stocked as far as powder goes "can you ever really be well stocked as far as powder goes"

Dean

It looks like this thread died so I am going to put the D Fib to it
If you like funky calibers here is my collection that I am the most proud of. They are all Reminton Ultra Mags and I have barrels for them all.
The last 4 are based off of a 404 Jeffrey case but once they are fired they look like traditional RUM cases, which is what the RUM case is based off of anyways. Also the last four sometimes I put the bullets in upside down like the 500 is, an old timer showed me that one time and because I can. And sometimes I even use pistol bullets and they still group well. Talk about being versatile.
left to right

Dean
IMG_0314.jpg

Last edited:
Here this is for the doubting Thomas out there, they others are either mounted on rifles or getting some lovin from the gunsmith.
One note the 50 is chambered in 50 pistol .501 instead of .510, I did that due to the poor selection of .510 bullets most are BMG, .501 on they other hand has from 275gr through 700gr and everything in between 30 plus different bullets to choose from.

Dean
IMG_0317.jpg

Last edited:
Here this is for the doubting Thomas out there, they others are either mounted on rifles or getting some lovin from the gunsmith.
One note the 50 is chambered in 50 pistol .501 instead of .510, I did that due to the poor selection of .510 bullets most are BMG, .501 on they other hand has from 275gr through 700gr and everything in between 30 plus.

Dean
View attachment 252729
How does the 257 RUM shoot? Have the 257 Wby.. have lots to choose from but it's becoming one of my most favorite to shoot.. it's a MK5 RC (little older).. but it's a tack driver and loves the 100 grain TTSX or TSX Barnes...

The 257 shoots lights out it is as good as any of my other 25 cals 257WSM, 25-06 AI, 257 WBY, I shoot anything from 70gr blitz kings to 100gr TTSXs. And would give a Rail gun a good run for the money, Even with the twist that it has I can still shoot 110gr and 115gr bullets. The way that I load them they will stabilize whether they like it or not.LOL

Dean

The 6mm I did to shut a loud mouth up you know the type and also as a novelty. The 6.5 I have had for a long time I had a large case capacity 6.5 be fore they were cool or trendy, I know we are not suppose to have favorites but that 270 makes me feel warm and fuzzy when ever I shoot it, it loves those 90gr Sierra's and Speers and TTSXs. For some reason there is a lot of 270 bashing lately so when someone asks what it is I tell them It's just a 270 until they hear it go off that rattles a few cages.LOL

Dean

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.