375 Ruger ?

Nomosendero

Has anyone heard about this? I heard that this cartridge will have 375 H&H Performance in a std. action. I hope it offers a little more, but then again there is the 375RUM.

Have you found any more info on this round? I wonder how close it comes to being a 376 Steyr?

If the 375 RUM didn't sell well and from actual data from about a month ago, it took 13 shots from a 375H&H to down one elephant and 7 shots from a 416 to down another elephant, what makes Ruger think a 375 Ruger will be a hot item. Maybe its the 'smoothest' feed feature that will allow more successful shots. I also wonder if it will have a DM?

However, the cartrige should make for some interesting moderate wildcats.

It certainly doesn't take more than one properly placed bullet to dispatch an elephant. (Brain) Those results were from poor bullet placement.

I think the 375RUM hasn't done well mainly due to availability. If Ruger or Weatherby would chamber it in the M77 or Vangard and make it reasonably priced I would buy one.

[ QUOTE ]
If the 375 RUM didn't sell well and from actual data from about a month ago, it took 13 shots from a 375H&H to down one elephant and 7 shots from a 416 to down another elephant, what makes Ruger think a 375 Ruger will be a hot item. Maybe its the 'smoothest' feed feature that will allow more successful shots. I also wonder if it will have a DM?

However, the cartrige should make for some interesting moderate wildcats.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right Roy, it gives us another case to play with. But
I do believe that if this case is promoted properly (part of the problem with other failures), since it offers more
than 375H&H performance in a std action it may do well. More
std. pricing will be avail. like the Ruger 77 Lam. or later maybe the Vanguard MOA, etc. The Rem has the H&H length action anyway, but many don't that can chamber this new round.

As far as the Elephant deal, I believe a bullet like the new 300 Gr. flat pt. TSX in the brain would have worked
just fine, many were killed with a 14" 375 JDJ with less fuss than these mentioned, something is wrong but I don't know the whole story.

But look at the Wildcat possibilities! Looks like a good
one for a 6.5 round shooting the A-Max or Wildcats.

I have a 375 ultra mag that is unbroke. Everytime I shoot 5 rounds through it I have snot running down my nose. I love it! This is a very interesting round. Maybe you guys are right. If there are more choices in rifles, maybe more will be sold. I always love to mess with new rounds.
Brandon

[ QUOTE ]
I have a 375 ultra mag that is unbroke. Everytime I shoot 5 rounds through it I have snot running down my nose. I love it!
Brandon

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I like to hear! Before The stock broke on my .45-70 No. 1, It bruised many checks and shoulders of people who thought it would be fun to shoot the same cartidge that buffalo hunters used. I just don't seem to be good at explaining that the load they are about to shoot is loaded a bit higher than old blackpowder cast loads. Oops!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As far as the Elephant deal, I believe a bullet like the new 300 Gr. flat pt. TSX in the brain would have worked
just fine, many were killed with a 14" 375 JDJ with less fuss than these mentioned, something is wrong but I don't know the whole story.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with what you said. These two fellas are local guys bigger around than tall. Took lots of shots on a cape buff also. It finally put its nose in the dirt about 7yds from them.

None of the shots hit anywhere near where they should have. The elephant w/the 416 looped around and was coming back for them. But I will say the fella did all of his own shootin'. Now for the 11K$ to get the ivory into the country. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts