375 Ruger ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nomosendero, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Nomosendero

Nomosendero Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard about this? I heard that this cartridge will have 375 H&H Performance in a std. action. I hope it offers a little more, but then again there is the 375RUM.

2. Nomosendero

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Have you found any more info on this round? I wonder how close it comes to being a 376 Steyr?

4. Nomosendero

It is faster than that, if you click on my source you will see it is faster than the 375H&H and a little slower than the RUM.

5. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

If the 375 RUM didn't sell well and from actual data from about a month ago, it took 13 shots from a 375H&H to down one elephant and 7 shots from a 416 to down another elephant, what makes Ruger think a 375 Ruger will be a hot item. Maybe its the 'smoothest' feed feature that will allow more successful shots. I also wonder if it will have a DM?

However, the cartrige should make for some interesting moderate wildcats.

6. Hired Gun

Hired Gun Well-Known Member

It certainly doesn't take more than one properly placed bullet to dispatch an elephant. (Brain) Those results were from poor bullet placement.

I think the 375RUM hasn't done well mainly due to availability. If Ruger or Weatherby would chamber it in the M77 or Vangard and make it reasonably priced I would buy one.

7. Nomosendero

[ QUOTE ]
    If the 375 RUM didn't sell well and from actual data from about a month ago, it took 13 shots from a 375H&H to down one elephant and 7 shots from a 416 to down another elephant, what makes Ruger think a 375 Ruger will be a hot item. Maybe its the 'smoothest' feed feature that will allow more successful shots. I also wonder if it will have a DM?

However, the cartrige should make for some interesting moderate wildcats.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right Roy, it gives us another case to play with. But
    I do believe that if this case is promoted properly (part of the problem with other failures), since it offers more
    than 375H&H performance in a std action it may do well. More
    std. pricing will be avail. like the Ruger 77 Lam. or later maybe the Vanguard MOA, etc. The Rem has the H&H length action anyway, but many don't that can chamber this new round.

As far as the Elephant deal, I believe a bullet like the new 300 Gr. flat pt. TSX in the brain would have worked
    just fine, many were killed with a 14" 375 JDJ with less fuss than these mentioned, something is wrong but I don't know the whole story.

But look at the Wildcat possibilities! Looks like a good
    one for a 6.5 round shooting the A-Max or Wildcats.

8. duckinalaska

duckinalaska Well-Known Member

I have a 375 ultra mag that is unbroke. Everytime I shoot 5 rounds through it I have snot running down my nose. I love it! This is a very interesting round. Maybe you guys are right. If there are more choices in rifles, maybe more will be sold. I always love to mess with new rounds.
    Brandon

9. sewwhat89

sewwhat89 Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a 375 ultra mag that is unbroke. Everytime I shoot 5 rounds through it I have snot running down my nose. I love it!
    Brandon

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I like to hear! Before The stock broke on my .45-70 No. 1, It bruised many checks and shoulders of people who thought it would be fun to shoot the same cartidge that buffalo hunters used. I just don't seem to be good at explaining that the load they are about to shoot is loaded a bit higher than old blackpowder cast loads. Oops!

10. duckinalaska

duckinalaska Well-Known Member

Sew,
    Man you better get that thing restocked. We got some hogs to dispatch of when I move down to Tyler in October.
    Brandon

11. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

As far as the Elephant deal, I believe a bullet like the new 300 Gr. flat pt. TSX in the brain would have worked
    just fine, many were killed with a 14" 375 JDJ with less fuss than these mentioned, something is wrong but I don't know the whole story.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with what you said. These two fellas are local guys bigger around than tall. Took lots of shots on a cape buff also. It finally put its nose in the dirt about 7yds from them.

None of the shots hit anywhere near where they should have. The elephant w/the 416 looped around and was coming back for them. But I will say the fella did all of his own shootin'. Now for the 11K$ to get the ivory into the country. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif