.37 MOA @ 1356 yds.

COBrad

Getting ready for the Colorado Marmot opener August 10. Goal this year is 3/4 mile, 1320 yards. Shot this group last weekend. Heading out tomorrow to try again.

Attachments

• .37 MOA 1356 yd..jpg
    .37 MOA 1356 yd..jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 24
Rifle is a 7 rem mag shooting 180 gr Berger Hunting VLD's.
Spec's are;
BAT HR action, Jewell trigger, 28" fluted Kreiger #19 Hunter contour barrel .307 neck, Greybull Stock, Badger Max 50 rings, Schmidt Bender PMII 4-16 from Darrel Holland with his ART reticle.
Built by Quarter Minute Magnums.

Point of aim was about 3/4 MOA to the right. Elevation was good. On that day the wind was a little shifty, blowing primarily from right to left, and varying in speed by a couple mph. I'm using the G7 BR2 rangefinder and the windage calculation was 2.5 MOA in a 5 mph full value wind. This was the second of two similar groups, and shot in a few minutes of steady breeze that was quartering from behind me.
The wind where I am shooting just kicks my butt. Yesterday the breeze was very shifty, blowing between 1 and 5 mph, first from one side then the other. I could not put together anything resembling a group. Finally shot one at 800 yards with the elk rifle just so I could feel like I had done something.
I have a lot to learn about doping the wind.

Even a little wind at these distances can mess with you. Shooting is the only way to learn and it looks to me you are doing great.

Good shooting.

Jeff

Nice shooting Colorado! I know what you describe about the wind...this is my biggest ?? factor. Sometimes I've seen wind blowing right to left where I'm at, no wind in the bottom of the canyon, but a left to right wind on the opposite side. There is no better teacher for me than the school of "get out and do it"
I hate the idea of burning up a great barrel, but without the practice there cannot be the confidence...a total catch 22. Have a great time with your hunt!

Good shooting the wind! if not for that I would be a hell of shot as would everyone else. The only way to get good @ reading wind is to shoot in it which can get frustrating at times. Good luck on the hunt

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts