338 thunder project

Thanks Rmulhern and GG.

Well I assume you don´t change the "cutting depth" or move the trimmer setting when you flip the case or you´d end up cutting too much.

Since you seem to be experienced with the wilson trimmer, does it make sense to have the micrometer they offer?

[ QUOTE ]
Well I assume you don´t change the "cutting depth" or move the trimmer setting when you flip the case or you´d end up cutting too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right.

The micrometer would be nice and I would buy it if I had the money, but there is nothing wrong about doing it the old way. In all reality, it would only save you about 15 seconds on each case setup. No big deal.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Rmulhern and GG.

Since you seem to be experienced with the wilson trimmer, does it make sense to have the micrometer they offer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Once you have the cutter set....there's no need to change the setting as basically all you're going to be doing is taking a very thin "cleanup cut" so IMO the mic is just more "whistles and bells" that you don't need! Works like a charm! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

goodgrouper,

How is the 338 Thunder project comming along?
Just wondering if you will get a chance to hunt late season elk with it this year.

Regards,

JD338

The UPS man is wearing a trail through my lawn! I have all the bits and pieces except for my barrel. It should show up in the next few days hopefully.

My Mcmillan stock showed up several weeks ago and was about a month ahead of schedule. I don't know if you guys will like it but I think it is one of the coolest stocks I have ever seen! They did a very good job on it.

It is looking very tight to get to use it for my cow elk hunt. It will all boil down to how fast Kirby can chamber the barrel. NO PRESSURE KIRBY!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If Kirby can't pull it off, I can probably use it to kill a moo cow this spring on a friends ranch. He usually always has a cow that has a breach calf and has to be killed. It would be like shooting fish in a barrel so I had better back off a dozen football fields or so to make it a challenge!

GG,
Can you email me a pic of that Mcmillan stock.. You know I'm dying to see that Lazz stock and the finished product of your project. Thanks again.

YOu bet. I will probably get time on the 30th (tomorrow) to send you a pic. Just don't post it here once you recieve it. I want to put a pic of it on here once the gun is all done and leave it a surprise until then! Thanks.

well I am glad to hear that me and BJ arent the only bovine assasins around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cant wait to see the gun GG, I bet it is a sweet looking machine.

take it easy
steve

GG,
No problem there.. I don't know how to post pics yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Yeah I can't wait to see the finished product. I'm all but sure to copy your rig but in a .277AM or the 7mmAM. Thanks again

Grouper,I was thinking about last winter and all the fun we had with the MOAG, and realized that we are not too far away from the 338 misiles making THUNDER overhead again,in Elberta. Nothing quite like sonic boom at the pit.
7mmrhb

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.