338 rum reloading

Teamdssh

I am currently having a Remington 338 ultra magnum custom built for me. The custom gun shop had 20 rounds of ammunition which he found to be a good combo for his rifle.

Obviously there are many shortages out there in terms of reloading, but I managed to come across some components.

I have done my research and I know the several powders, primers and brass that people usually use but obviously they can't be found anywhere.

I have come across 100 brass casings from nosler, some old stock CCI number 250 large magnum rifle primers, some Hodgdon 869, and I'm thinking I would like to push out a 285 grain eld match bullet from Hornady which I also have. Has anybody ever reloaded a combo with any or all of these components?

Hodgdon has details on max and minimum loads with this specific powder but some of my components differ from theirs.

The custom gun shop only wants to use federal 215 primers and reloader 26 or 33 powder. I would appreciate any input and thank you in advance

I load for a 338 edge.... very similar characteristics. With 260 hammer bullets N570 was amazing. H1000 is great with 300 bergers. LRT powder was fast and dirty. I only use 215 primers and the COAL is roughly 4". I'm north of 90 grains for h1000 and 300 bergers and over 95 grains of N570 w/260 hammer. Keep in mind the edge has 90 thousandths longer case and my coal is on the long side.
H1000 is very easy to work with and seems to build pressure in a linear fashion.

In my 338 edge(sorry havent had a 338rum) the 285 gr eld shot very well but seemed a little slow. I was able to run the 300gr berger the same velocity.both using H1000. The Berger has more consistent sd/es and had a much more consistent bullet so I stuck with it.