338 RUM, 338 Edge, 338 Lapua, or 338 Norma?

Jim the Plumber17

I'm having a rifle built this winter and have the caliber narrowed down to the above.
It will be built on a lefty 700 RUM action, Rock 27-28" M24 barrel,Seekins bottom metal, HS stock. I want to go long for both target shooting and hunting bear, deer and elk as well as rock chucks and coyotes.
I have had a 338 RUM and a 338 Lapua, both very accurate. But I am open to the other calibers shown as well.
Thanks
Jim the Plumber

I guess if it were me and I already had a 338 Lapua, and a 338 RUM I would get a 338 Edge. Just to make sure that you have all of the bases covered, or t settle some questions between the big 338s

I have also owned the 33 Rum and Lapau and am a solid Lapua fan because the brass is sooo goood...

I would also vote for .338 lapua. Not from personal experience, but I think the 'industry support' is converging around this round for both civ and mil vendors. So when I am ready to build up to that level of performance, I am planning on .338 lapua.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.