338 rum -338 edge

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by new shooter, Apr 29, 2011.

1. new shooter

new shooter Well-Known Member

I looking at rebarrel to a 338 rum but a gun smith said to go to the 338 edge. He said that the edge is more accuracy ? Now i know the edge hold a little more powder but its not enough to make much differnt. I like that you can by load ammo if you would forget yours. My ? is how can the edge be any more accuracy then the rum if both are custom barrels ? Thanks for your input. Joe

2. elkregulator

elkregulator Well-Known Member

Like many on this board, I’ve had the privilege of owning several custom guns in a variety of calibers. While there are some calibers known for their inherent accuracy (6mmbr), I’m convinced that the accuracy of a build is determined by the components, quality gunsmithing and your ability to reload/drive then the actual caliber. Now you will have differences in opinion on freebore and belted mags, but between the edge and rum- you will see no difference in accuracy. I would probably find another gunsmith.

3. Long Time Long Ranger

Long Time Long Ranger Well-Known Member

I would find a reputable gunsmith that knows what he is doing. Either are equally accurate and I could make any shot with one I could with the other. Both are excellent long range hunting rifles.

4. new shooter

new shooter Well-Known Member

Thanks. That is what i thought.