338 lapua vs 338-378imp

screech

I have a 338-378imp and for somereason just dont like it much. It has a 30in barrel. I am getting about 2750-2800 in it but like I said it just isn't my style for some reason. I was thinking about having my barrel set back then rechambered to the lapua. how much speed would I be looking at in the lapua with a 300smk or similar wildcat bullet? How do you guys like you're lapua's?

let's see, you'd be shortening the barrel and decreasing the case capacity. i understand the lapua is an efficient case but i doubt you'd get any more speed. maybe less.

yeah, I know I will be losing speed. I dont know why I dont like this chambering but I have put less than 100rounds down the tube and have decided that I dont like it. I figure the barrel has a lot more life to it so I was just thinking something different.

I am have one built in 338 Lapua and I am hopeing to get 2850 fps and have been told that it is doable,we will see.I am useing a 30" ABS barrel. I chose the Lapua because of the brass quality..................

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.