338 lapua or 338 ultramag?

thanks for input on load. not wanting to reinvent the wheel just want a solid gun to a job and shoot well. lapua good gun but i currrently have RUM and kinda wanting to stay a RUM just a little bigger. getting ready for a winter storm coming into north dakota and got to go prepare!

Broz advice on these are absolutely rock solid, I've headed it many a time and not been disappointing!! This afternoon a Remington 7mm sleazy mag is becoming a 338 RUM at my place :D

Rum will shoot with a lapua. Balistic twins.. Some a little faster some slower, lots of powder, primers, barrels. Rem brass is ok, p

Prep brass, sort you will be ok. My load rem brass, H 1000 88.0 2760 fed gm215m from a kreiger 28 in

Jwing

thanks guys. thanks for confirming what i have only read. I guess i need to order a barrel and get it on the way. working north dakota and its a snowing pretty hard in watford ND>

Update on 7 rum to 338. found another 7 rum barrel and can get it now. so 7 rum barrel is here now. will be looking to purchase another rifle and lookin at 338 edge once this 7 rum is done. appreciate the help here on long range. me and my gunsmith in sheridan are getting aquainted very well. will be chatting with shawn on next project. using his break on my 7 rum sendero. catch you guys later and keep on shooting. will be talking to shawn on next project$$

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.