• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 338 edge reloading components wanted

brandem

Hello, just bought a 338 edge and need all the components to reload with wondered if anyone had anything?

Well, i have a friend that reloads for me so this edge may have not been the gun to buy. It was built by jense precision in missoula and feels better than any rifle i've ever had, with it i got 30 loaded rounds and 70 empty brass. I also got 200 300 grain sierra matchkings. I am hoping to use these for elk as i know some people have had good luck with them. I guess i need to learn how to reload to see what else might work in this gun, although i talked to the guy that built the gun and he said it shot .264 at 100 and was throated for the matchkings.

Mine is a Jense as well...it's actually the one pictured on the proof research site. It is sick accurate. Greg is probably the guy you talked to and shot the rifle. I have his old gun... You are gonna like it... post pictures of your new toy

Attachments

• tomsuiter42111_9.tif.p.jpg
    tomsuiter42111_9.tif.p.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 15
  • target.gif
    target.gif
    371.3 KB · Views: 23
Just how effective is the pocket saver, could one expect to get how many extra uses from case after swaging??

I have enough experience to tell you that it works but not really enough to tell you how many times... probably a good post for the forum... but be ready for a good handful of folks to chime in and tell you that loose primer pockect are a sign that that the case is worn out and your pressure is too high etc... with the edge your are lucky if you get 3-4 rounds out of a piece before the primer pocket is loose.

I have never heard of the case saver,looks like a cool product. I have 14 rounds through one lot of 338 edge brass(rem 300ultra brass) and the pockets are looser for sure but still not too loose? thanks for posting this, I am anxious to hear how long it extends the life of brass.

Well, my gun is like yours except for the bell and carlson stock, i assume you have the lone wolf stock. I do think Gregg refered to the rifle you have and that he shot the bergers in it . I am hoping that the the match kings are going to work for me as he said they shot excellent out of this gun. The guy i bought it from said he killed a mule deer at 873 yards with it so acccuracy must be fairly decent.

I have 14 rounds through one lot of 338 edge brass(rem 300ultra brass) and the pockets are looser for sure but still not too loose? thanks for posting this, I am anxious to hear how long it extends the life of brass.

14... that's impressive. I have 250 peices of brass... if I get to 14 I might not have a throat left in the barrel