338 edge primers

bogger01

i read at defensive edge the 250 grain load with 99 grains of rl25.it says the primer is a cci br2 primer.those primers are in short supply here locally so what other primer would be the closest match as a substitute.also,we dont have a lot of federal gold metal match either.thanks,marty

Hi

I use CCI Large Magnums in my edge and so does my buddy we have shot 250gn Hornady Match and 225 SST's all with H1000 (ADI 2217)
Never had an issue..

I have RL 25 as well but for shot to shot consistancy its hard to beat H1000.

Accuracy wise well they all shot well..... I've setteled on the 300SMK but we have some 300gn Bergers coming.. At 860 Yards well they are nearly all in a palm sized area. My chamber likes 91 and 92 gn...of H1000

I had primer cratering.... However, That wasn't due to the primer! Problem was due to the sloppy firing pin. My buddy's edge does the same but its built by a different smith.

My rifle like many others is a blue printed and retimed 700...original bolt..
I had too much firing pin slop so my gunmith who is a full bore Commonwealth games gold medalist etc re bushed and made my firing smaller in diametre..
Guesswhat.? No more primer pressure signs ! Better option would have been a PTG bolt.

Besides I have learnt and now have a Lawton 7000 fluted bolt L/A on the way down under and I'd goanother Edge on the new 8500XL Lawton!
Must admit mine is hammer and I'm running a 30 inch Lawton 8 groove 9.4 twist.

gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts