338 edge max speed and pressure?

30" barrel and more is a pain when hunting ! I dealt with it a few times in my Eberlestock pack and the tree branches . Lol
Best of Luck to you this Spring Hunting !
Lots of Bears around ..just be on the Look out for the Grizzly !!
My picture has a long story ..that was back in my crazy days out hunting . I tracked him for two hrs ..so glad now I never caught up to him ! Ha ha

Rum Man

i have another questions read that someone have a few 338 edge built what is the expected life of the barrel approx?

I believe Shawn said he had one that was over 1000 rds and still printing half moa. I believe there may be some info on Defensive Edge`s website about barrel life. Not quoting anyone, just what I remember... kinda..... maybe..... lol

My load is the 300 gr SMK lightly jammed, 90 grains of H1000, Rem brass, and 215M. Rifle is a Defensive Edge Canyon rifle (#82), BAT action, 30 inch Hart barrel. I'm getting very close to 2500 rounds through it and it is still good for 1/2 Minute at 1/2 mile. Rifling has stubborningly refused to migrate. Velocity is 2850 fps

I've been pretty good about keeping it cold, except for a few matches.

hi I built a 338 edge with a ARC NUCLEUS action and a Brux barrel 30 inch and I reach 3018 fps average with 97.5 N570 and a-tip 300 gr, no sign of over pressure, primer good(not flattened) no stiff bolt so my question is what your average speed with your set up because im a lot faster than the load of MR Carlock ! I'm afraid a little bit!
Wow those are 338 Sherman velocities 😉

hi I built a 338 edge with a ARC NUCLEUS action and a Brux barrel 30 inch and I reach 3018 fps average with 97.5 N570 and a-tip 300 gr, no sign of over pressure, primer good(not flattened) no stiff bolt so my question is what your average speed with your set up because im a lot faster than the load of MR Carlock ! I'm afraid a little bit!
Using Sierra 250 mk's 3150 was the sweet spot for accuracy out of a 28" Pacnor select match barrel. That's running 97 grains H1000. I worked into pressure at 99 grains but was loosing primer pockets so didn't crono. That's in a stiller predator action and Norma 300 UM brass . Every set up is going to be different.

Might not be entirely relevant, but I'm getting 2950 with RL 33 and 285eldm in my 338 RUM, 26.5 " barrel at 1700' elevation. Slight brass swipe on the base, easy bolt lift.
How is your brass life? Getting nervous as I will start load development maybe in a week. Stupid expensive ADG I don't want to even put 1lb too much pressure. 🤑🤑

How is your brass life? Getting nervous as I will start load development maybe in a week. Stupid expensive ADG I don't want to even put 1lb too much pressure. 🤑🤑
Shawn runs H1000 exclusively for the temp stability and it is much easier on the throat than N570 which he said will wear the throat 30-40% faster than H1000. Mine have run 3,020 with a 275 Lazer and Reloder 33 with a 30" and my 28" runs the 275 Lazer at 3,030 with N570

I bought some ADG back in 2016 which was the first brass I had acquired, after 2 loads the primers would literally fall out. Maybe it was a bad batch? I switched to Bertram and Nosler, have gotten 6 loads out of each of those brands without issue.

Shawn runs H1000 exclusively for the temp stability and it is much easier on the throat than N570 which he said will wear the throat 30-40% faster than H1000. Mine have run 3,020 with a 275 Lazer and Reloder 33 with a 30" and my 28" runs the 275 Lazer at 3,030 with N570
Thanks...I don't have any Vit powders and don't ever plan on using them. I have a 8lb hunting rifle with a 26" barrel and I'm hoping for 2800 min for velocity with a 300. Key word is hoping, and I have no interest in ruining brass. I just tend to push it as far as possible and keep the accuracy I want. I only have about 7lb of H1000 and much more of 33, Retumbo, 869, 50BMG.