*****.338 edge accuracy/pics*****

Eaglet, how long have you had it? I guess before we ask for any pics we better ask you to go shoot it.

Chas1, you got that right!!! :D

I've had it for almost 3 months. I wonder what's wrong with me, this is not like me!!!

Geargrinder put it together for me using an older 7mm Mag Savage 110 action. We used the most inexpensive but still functionable components in the accuracy department.

It is an older Savage 110 action, previously a 7mm mag.

The stock is a Savage long action BVSS. Laminated (Used).

The barrel is a Stainless 28" McGowen- Savage varmint taper- threaded and chambered by Sin Arms.

Holland style muzzle brake by Ross Schuler

Stockade 5/8" tactical bolt handle.

Score-hi single shot follower.

EGW 25MOA picatinny one piece base.

Bigger Recoil lug???

I whish I had shot it so I would have been able to post a target... Hopefully!

It's what I call the poor man's 338-Edge!

Here is a picture of 2 back to back 3 shot groups at 1276 yards. It just didn't seem right that I would not a have a picture on this thread.

1276-2WEB.JPG

Thanks for posting Shawn. I've sat and drooled at this photo several times while visiting your website . You make long shots look easy :D

BigBuck

Chas1, you got that right!!! :D

I've had it for almost 3 months. I wonder what's wrong with me, this is not like me!!!

Geargrinder put it together for me using an older 7mm Mag Savage 110 action. We used the most inexpensive but still functionable components in the accuracy department.

It is an older Savage 110 action, previously a 7mm mag.

The stock is a Savage long action BVSS. Laminated (Used).

The barrel is a Stainless 28" McGowen- Savage varmint taper- threaded and chambered by Sin Arms.

Holland style muzzle brake by Ross Schuler

Stockade 5/8" tactical bolt handle.

Score-hi single shot follower.

EGW 25MOA picatinny one piece base.

Bigger Recoil lug???

I whish I had shot it so I would have been able to post a target... Hopefully!

It's what I call the poor man's 338-Edge!

I can understand the poor mans 338 - EDGE . Last year I had saved and saved some money then my wife gave me some more for christmas I ran to get a new barrel from tim at broughton barrels but I didn't know that the .338 EDGE was off of my 300 RUM action so I got another .30 cal barrel. Now I've somehow managed to tell the wife that I really need a .338 barrel she said how much I told her probably about $600 she said okay if you spend 600 then I get 600 I said okay okay you got it :) Whatever it takes to get a EDGE:D

BigBuck

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.