.338 cal BC comparison

bjlooper

After a year on this forum I'm convinced that slow high BC bullets out perform fast low BC bullets at long ranges. I have been wondering at what distance the slow bullets catches up the faster ones. I don't have a ballistic calculator I was wondering if anyone has a comparison of the .338 RUM or .338 edge loaded with 225gr, 250gr, and 300gr. bullets.

Thanks for the help
DR B

Thanks for the reply does anyone know what velocities I should enter for each weight. I'm planning on chambering either the RUM or the Edge with a 28" ABS barrel.
DR B

The 338 Edge will run around 2800 fps in a 28" tube. The 250 grain bullet will run 3100 or so. The big issue from my stand point is not how flat it ultimately shoots but how well it fights the wind. Elevation is just a number on a dial windage no matter what is still your best guess. I like to take my mechanical advantage in windage when ever I can.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.